Re: [sig] Standing collar for tunic?

  • Mikhail Nikolaev
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
      Thank you all for input, I think I am going to end up using interfacing.
      I spoke with a seamstress at our Barony meeting last night and she gave
      me several good tips.

      -- Mikhail

      Denise M Robbins wrote:
      > I would recommend using interfacing on your collar. That's what I did to
      > my Lord's and beaded the collar as well, and it still stands beautifully,
      > even after washing several times. Be sure to curve the collar, a
      > rectangle will not work.
      >
      > Natal'ia Diekova Zhena Rabynovicha
      > Shire of Granite Mountain
      > Kingdom of Atenveldt
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Danks Cole
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2004
        Thank you for the rectangle warning...that is what I was considering.....

        Has anybody tried an all bead collar? I'm referring to those iddy-bitty
        seed beads...

        Vlakh
      • Denise M Robbins
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2004
          I did bead the collar of my husbands tunic and it worked great with the
          interfacing. It is not fully beaded, but does have 5 large medallions
          going around the collar, and the beads are larger than seed beads. He
          has not had a problem with it falling or flopping over at all. I also
          used a good linen, and I do not dry it in the dryer, I hang it upside
          down to dry.

          Natal'ia Diekova zhena Rabynovicha
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2004
            if you want to do some of the late14th to mid 15th C
            Polish houppelande (?) collars, then a rectangle
            shaped collar on an angled keyhole collar works.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail