RE: [sig] Standing collar for tunic?

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2004
      I went to Joann's and looked in their dollar patterns for a pattern with a
      mandarin collar and use that for my base.

      VÖRÖSHAJÚ SOFFYA
      three fleur-de-lys Or
      Order of St. Roche
      Incipient Canton of Sudentur
      Barony of Stierbach
      Kingdom of Atlantia
      http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole

    • Denise M Robbins
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2004
        I would recommend using interfacing on your collar. That's what I did to
        my Lord's and beaded the collar as well, and it still stands beautifully,
        even after washing several times. Be sure to curve the collar, a
        rectangle will not work.

        Natal'ia Diekova Zhena Rabynovicha
        Shire of Granite Mountain
        Kingdom of Atenveldt
      • Mikhail Nikolaev
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
          Thank you all for input, I think I am going to end up using interfacing.
          I spoke with a seamstress at our Barony meeting last night and she gave
          me several good tips.

          -- Mikhail

          Denise M Robbins wrote:
          > I would recommend using interfacing on your collar. That's what I did to
          > my Lord's and beaded the collar as well, and it still stands beautifully,
          > even after washing several times. Be sure to curve the collar, a
          > rectangle will not work.
          >
          > Natal'ia Diekova Zhena Rabynovicha
          > Shire of Granite Mountain
          > Kingdom of Atenveldt
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Danks Cole
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2004
            Thank you for the rectangle warning...that is what I was considering.....

            Has anybody tried an all bead collar? I'm referring to those iddy-bitty
            seed beads...

            Vlakh
          • Denise M Robbins
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14, 2004
              I did bead the collar of my husbands tunic and it worked great with the
              interfacing. It is not fully beaded, but does have 5 large medallions
              going around the collar, and the beads are larger than seed beads. He
              has not had a problem with it falling or flopping over at all. I also
              used a good linen, and I do not dry it in the dryer, I hang it upside
              down to dry.

              Natal'ia Diekova zhena Rabynovicha
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 14, 2004
                if you want to do some of the late14th to mid 15th C
                Polish houppelande (?) collars, then a rectangle
                shaped collar on an angled keyhole collar works.

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail