Re: [sig] Regarding "Visiting" Ethnicities

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      > Hello, I am a quiet but very interested lurker in need if guidance. I
      > was considering getting involved in the SCA and was kicking around
      > some ideas for what my character could be. I am interested in being a
      > Jewish woman, say 1000-1200 c.e. and was hoping someone could shed
      > some light on where a few good websites and/or books could be located
      > regarding Jewish women of the high middle ages.

      There's some information here:
      http://www.midlaurel.com/wsnlinks/index.php?action=displaycat&catid=85

      but what I'd suggest is checking out your local public library.
      Especially for Hungary and Poland, there's more books on Medieval
      Jewish life in English-language works than there is on Medieval
      Christian life in those countries!

      "If you have no faith in yourself, then have faith in the things
      you call truth. You know what must be done. You may not have courage
      or trust or understanding or the will to do it, but you know what must
      be done. You can't turn back. There is no answer behind you. You
      fear what you cannot name. So look at it and find a name for it.
      Turn your face forward and learn. Do what must be done." - McKillip