Re: [sig] Re: fabric question

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      I'll have to take a look at it in the morning; its in the baby's room right
      now. Pattern wise its something like the amanda pastel one, its just not
      completely pastels. I have about 2 yards of it, I will have to think on what
      could be made of it; maybe a vest or lapels on a long coat. Definitely line
      it just because its itchy to me.

      Kathws

      Sasha sent:
      > In my own realm of knowledge, I've found that the fabrics you speak
      > of can be documeted depending on the fiber contents and the colours
      > used in the embroidery. Basically, the more colours that are used
      > and the more intense the colour, the later the period.
      <clipped>
      > The fabric would most likely be used in small peices as breast/chest
      > decoration, and I'm giving you a link for dolls here, but the doll
      > Dariya has such decoration of embroidery in the yoke of her over-
      > dress. http://www.mingei.org/Rusdoll.html
      >
      > As you can see from the dolls, costume varies widely from region to
      > region - the region represented by Dariya is in the area between
      > Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod (formerly Gork'y).
      <clipped>