Stare letopisy ceske

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2004
      Just a heads-up on a publication from the Centre for Medieval Studies in
      Prague, which has just made it into my local bookshop:

      Stare Letopisy C'eske (Prameny De'jin C'eskych, new series, vol. II)
      Eds: A. Cerna, P. Cornej, M. Klosova
      ISBN:80-7007-184-2
      Pub.: Prague, Filosofia, 2003

      A collection of the 9 (yes nine) extant Czech and Latin versions of the 'Old
      Czech Annals', which cover the years 1432 to 1527 with a rather Hussite
      slant. All are accompanied by extensive annotation regarding the accuracy
      of the data given, explanations of the events mentioned etc. etc. If your
      Czech (or Latin, I suppose) is up to it, then this is primary source
      material of the first order.

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar BSc (Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
      Translation & Consultancy for the Heritage Industry
      P.O. Box 11, CZ 413 01 Roudnice, Czech Republic
      Tel.: +420.607.993.041, Fax.: +420.416.832.090