Slavic Gods

  • Butler309@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2004
      Alastair wrote

      "Now, I'm ready to bite the bullet and prepare a "primer" on Slavic deities,
      using information that CAN be substantiated - i.e. which comes from
      archaeological and written sources, not from folklore or romaticism.

      Would anyone like to add other deities? (I.e., have I missed some? Most of
      this is way out of my usual area...). "

      Yeah, you left out a recent addition. Alastair, YOU are a Slavic deity, and
      I, for one, am a devout follower. I await the coming Revelations eagerly!!

      - Steve Butler

    • D and L Potucek
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2004
        Steve Butler wrote -

        "Yeah, you left out a recent addition. Alastair, YOU are a Slavic deity, and
        I, for one, am a devout follower. I await the coming Revelations eagerly!!"

        Huzzah, we're not worthy, we're not worthy. (on his knees bowing to "da man").

        Václav z Rokycan

      • Alastair Millar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2004
          Steve wrote...

          > I, for one, am a devout follower.
          Aw c'mon, you're making me blush... but if you COULD just see your
          way to leaving a contribution in the convertible currency of your
          choice in the jar by the door on your way out, it would be
          appreciated... *grin*

          I've said this before and I'll probably say it again but... there's
          nothing special about what I send to the list. I'm just lucky enough
          to work in a closely related field, which gives me access to some
          useful information. And we're meant to share what we know, after all.

          Talking of which, juts a quick reminder:
          If anyone has a *personal* homepage with information that might be
          useful to other people on this list, there is a section on the list's
          links page for this.

          And another idea...
          I think it would be useful for all of us to have an accessible list
          of primary source material that has been published *in English*, with
          publication details that we can throw at antiquarian booksellers,
          auction sites, librarians etc. So I've started a list database where
          we can file such information - please add to it!

          > I await the coming Revelations eagerly!!
          As the actress said to the bishop... *ducks & runs*

          Alastair
        • Susan Koziel
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2004
            Ummm...
            Can we add modern books of museum artifacts to the
            list?
            Also are OOP translations about in period stuff (ie
            history books) welcome?

            -Kataryna

            --- Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:

            > Steve wrote...
            >
            > > I, for one, am a devout follower.
            > Aw c'mon, you're making me blush... but if you COULD
            > just see your
            > way to leaving a contribution in the convertible
            > currency of your
            > choice in the jar by the door on your way out, it
            > would be
            > appreciated... *grin*
            >
            > I've said this before and I'll probably say it again
            > but... there's
            > nothing special about what I send to the list. I'm
            > just lucky enough
            > to work in a closely related field, which gives me
            > access to some
            > useful information. And we're meant to share what we
            > know, after all.
            >
            > Talking of which, juts a quick reminder:
            > If anyone has a *personal* homepage with information
            > that might be
            > useful to other people on this list, there is a
            > section on the list's
            > links page for this.
            >
            > And another idea...
            > I think it would be useful for all of us to have an
            > accessible list
            > of primary source material that has been published
            > *in English*, with
            > publication details that we can throw at antiquarian
            > booksellers,
            > auction sites, librarians etc. So I've started a
            > list database where
            > we can file such information - please add to it!
            >
            > > I await the coming Revelations eagerly!!
            > As the actress said to the bishop... *ducks & runs*
            >
            > Alastair

          • Alastair Millar
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
              Kataryna/Susan writes...

              > Can we add modern books of museum artifacts
              > to the list?
              > Also are OOP translations about in period stuff (ie
              > history books) welcome?

              A separate database for "Books" was created a while back but
              apparently never added to... it's still there, just waiting for
              people to add to it! Since the only entry so far is a history book, I
              guess that this would be the place to put museum catalogues and other
              publications, too.

              Personally, for the sake of clarity, I'd rather leave the 'primary
              sources in english' as a separate database.

              Alastair
            • Susan Koziel
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
                :)