Re: [sig] Need some words

  • LiudmilaV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      In a message dated 8/1/2004 9:57:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      nataliia@... writes:

      And I'm hoping some people can help me.

      I need some Russian endearments for grandchildren. Similar to "my
      little cabbage" or somesuch. Thanks ahead of time.

      Nataliia

      What our mothers say to our kids (and some of what we say):

      "zolottse moye" -- "my little golden one"

      "zaychik" -- "bunny"

      "solnyshko" -- "sunnie"

      "kotik" -- "kitten"

      "lyubchik" -- "lovie"

      "moy sladkiy" or "moya sladkaya" -- "my sweet," boy or girl

      I am not sure if that's what you wish for :)

      Liudmila