Need some words

  • M.C. Toscano
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      And I'm hoping some people can help me.

      I need some Russian endearments for grandchildren. Similar to "my
      little cabbage" or somesuch. Thanks ahead of time.

      Nataliia
    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        In a message dated 8/1/2004 9:57:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        nataliia@... writes:

        And I'm hoping some people can help me.

        I need some Russian endearments for grandchildren. Similar to "my
        little cabbage" or somesuch. Thanks ahead of time.

        Nataliia

        What our mothers say to our kids (and some of what we say):

        "zolottse moye" -- "my little golden one"

        "zaychik" -- "bunny"

        "solnyshko" -- "sunnie"

        "kotik" -- "kitten"

        "lyubchik" -- "lovie"

        "moy sladkiy" or "moya sladkaya" -- "my sweet," boy or girl

        I am not sure if that's what you wish for :)

        Liudmila