Find

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23 2:29 AM
      Not my 'thing', but might interest some of you ...

      Ancient Altar Found

      Bulgarian Archaeologists Announce Discovery of 8,000 Year-old Altar

      http://www.bgnewsnet.com/story.php?sid=6141
      SOFIA (bnn)- Archaeologists in southern Bulgaria have discovered an
      8,000 year-old pre-historic sacrificial altar, the BGNES news agency
      reported Wednesday.

      Team leader Prof. Vasil Nikolov said the altar was the largest cult
      object from the New Stone Age to be found in Southeast Europe, the
      agency reported.

      Researchers made the find near the village of Kapitan Dimitrievo,
      some 120 kilometers (75 miles) southeast of Sofia, while digging at
      the fundament of a Neolithic human lodging, the report said.

      It said steps have been axed in the stone altar leading to a place
      where immolation to the mother-goddess has been made.

      kinjal