Broken web link, Quick FYI on Slot Machine Heraldry

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
      Leszek wrote: <snipped>

      > Be aware that tamga are very hard to get past SCA heraldry standards, and
      you
      > might want to consider a 'translated tamga' which uses standard European
      > heraldic charges to approximate the shape of the Tamga.
      > http://tulgey.browser.net/~jenne/poland/heraldry_article.html

      The link on this page to "A Page of Clan Herby" no longer works.

      BTW - there are some combinations that can be used in SCA Heraldry that are
      not "Slot Machine" heraldry... we are in the process of forwarding a blasted
      tree cojoined within an annulet (think leafless tree inside a circle) within
      four roundels (again, think four circles, coins or balls). Because the
      roundels are secondary objects (less important and peripheral to the central
      charges), this isn't returnable for slot machine heraldry.

      You might also be able to get the effect of a Tamga by having two simpler
      charges in pale, or one above the other.

      Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
      Su Ralston, Fullerton, CA
    • Rick Orli
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
        Lots of historical precident for adopting western style arms when
        dealing with westerners. The tagma did not have the same meaning,
        and the western COA was an easily understood badge of nobility.
        -Rick