Re: caftan manuals & beer debts

  • John.E.Beebe.93@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
      I too apologize for sending this listwide, but 'dak's server appears to be
      playing hide and seek on the network.

      Mordak,

      I recently found the perfect fabric for a kaftan, and would love any tips or
      suggestions you can throw my way. Email is fine, with or without
      attachments as available, or if you want to send something snailmail, my
      address is:

      John Beebe
      925 Haywood Drive #3
      Madison, WI 53715

      I haven't really made a kaftan yet, just a chuga, which I guess is somewhat
      similar, but any help at all you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

      The basic patterns you sent me a while back are being put to good use as I
      start some Russian garb for my wife. I'll convert her from a good
      upstanding Anglo-Saxon into a Slav yet. ;-)

      You asked a while back if I had a copy of Giliarovskaia, and unfortunately
      I did not at the time. Looks like I'll be obtaining a copy of it soon,
      though (thanks Ilyana! :-). Did you ever get ahold of this, or are you still
      devoid? If the latter, I'd be more than willing to run off an extra copy
      for you when I make mine and ship it off your way, just give the word (and
      address...).

      Otherwise, just let me know how much the copying/shipping comes to, and
      I'll more than happily reimburse.

      -Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky

      -------------------------
      >timbo@... wrote:
      >
      >> From: timbo@...
      >>
      >> Sergai,
      >> Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
      >> procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
      >> honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
      >> favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
      >> school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
      >> send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
      >> (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
      >> guzzling buddy?...(grin).
      >> Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
      >> anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
      >> I pay my loans.........
      >> Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

      >> ONElist: the best source for group communications.
      >> http://www.onelist.com
      >> Join a new list today!

    • Robert Parker
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 1999
        Dear Caftan Guy,
        I am totally bummed to hear that you are not going to be at
        Pennsic. His Majesty (as of the 10th) will be disappointed also. Oh
        well, Everyone else will be at "Sergei's Party", RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
        Congrats on the honeymoon thing. I know how important that can be.
        Actually, I wish I knew. Single and all I can empathize at least.
        Anyway, you don't have to send beer with anyone. I would appreciate any
        patterns you have available. If you have already paid the rent give me
        a holler when you are ready to send patterns since it seems everybody
        wants what you got, big guy. (He, he) Anyway, I hope this isn't too
        late. I has the West/An Tir War to go to. There will be a report on
        that tomorrow. Yes you can ALL have something to read that may have to
        do a little bit with the SCA instead of beer and stuff. All in all, I
        am really going to miss seeing you there. (Major Bummer, DUDE!!!!!!)
        I hope to see the rest of you there at whichever party it turns out to
        be.

        Sergei Stepanovich Bezrukov
        aka
        Robert Parker
        1118 S. 3rd
        Pocatello, Id. 83201

        208 233-5131
      • JLNash55@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 1999
          I know that this is a bit late already, I've been away for a while.
          But...could I possibly get a copy of the caftan information? I am a heat
          sick Hungarian in the far south regions of Meridies and have decided that a
          nice loose caftan is just what I need for summer wear (I need to protect my
          burn-prone skin). So far, all that I've been able to find is a written
          description and some mongolian and persian examples to extrapolate from. I
          would TRUELY appreciate any information. If it is going to involve any kind
          of copy costs or postage I will more than happily pay them.

          New in Service,
          Kispesty Potyncza
        • Jennifer D. Miller
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 8, 1999