matejko 1300-1575

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2004
      http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/polishcostumematejko14.htm
      in a few days I'll add more plates, including the mid 16th C. series
      and many sketches of tomb paintings, friezes, and other sources.
      -Rick
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2004
        In a message dated 7/9/2004 9:36:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        orlirva@... writes:
        http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/polishcostumematejko14.htm
        in a few days I'll add more plates, including the mid 16th C. series
        and many sketches of tomb paintings, friezes, and other sources.
        -Rick

        Wow, thanks Rick!

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, House Griffin's Moon, Katski's Pulk
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, The Shire of Talonval
        Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R., Sword Brother
        Silverwing's SCA Law's #86 - "A persona is no substitute for a personality" -
        Linnet Kestrel

      • Rick Orli
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2004
          Done - maybe I'll add some more of the source footnotes later. This
          has a lot of stuff that exists no where else. A lot was based on
          work around old tombs- both the carvings on the outside and the
          remains inside. I wonder if they opened tombs on his request or if
          he was just at the right time and place? A substantial percentage
          of his primary materials have been destroyed in the intervening 150
          years, or will be otherwise never accessible again.
          Ironically, he had virtually no public interest in his costume
          survey work, at the time, even while the public lapped up his
          romantic paintings. no publisher was interested. We are lucky that
          copies exists.
          -Rick