RE: [sig] Digest Number 1508

  • mir plemmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 10:59 AM
      re: Pennsic, someday... *whimper*

      Two things to throw in the pot: question, is there anything that compiles
      or even just presents the text of those Novgorod birchbark notes, esp. as to
      daily life, clothing habits gleanable (i.e., a list of rubashkii that notes
      embroidered and not, collared and not would suggest that the same social
      class had variety of styles in that)

      The other is I spoke late May with the proprietor of Seven Meadows
      Traditional Archery and Hungarian Handcrafts. She has a Hungarian bowyer
      making Mongol bows that looked good to me and are well received w/in An
      Tir's archery community. She said she's thinking of bringing in other
      things, clothing and such, depending on interest. She had in her booth a
      collection of forged arrowheads, and vests heavily embroidered. I told her
      I'd pass word to you all, and she seemed receptive to suggestions of what
      the Hungarian folks might like to buy... Hopefully she's as useful a
      resource as it sounded.

      http://www.sevenmeadowsarchery.com tothbows@...

      is
      Tvorimir Danilov

      Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up � now 2 months FREE!