Re: [sig] Re: Ukrainian garb for 1500

  • Marina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
      Can you post your sources so that we all might be able to do some research?

      Marina Ozeroski

      On 02/07/04 11:12 am, Rick Orli wrote:
      > I have some materals but not on the web. The main thing I can say
      > to steer you in the right direction is to not make the common
      > mistake of assuming that kiew was culturally affiliated with Muscovy
      > in this period; Muscovy was if anything the enemy. Kiew was a main
      > city of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the cultural influences of
      > the city folk looked to the west, that is, mostly Polish and
      > Lithuanian - with lots of influences from the east also, of course.
      > For example, the Latin alphabet was universally used in Kiev, not
      > cyrilic.
      >
      > -Rick
      >
      > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Peach" <tatianna_codlin@h...>
      >
      > wrote:
      > > Greetings;
      > >
      > > I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in
      >
      > the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any
      > pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?
      >
      > > Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Susan Koziel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
        Tat'ianna,
        I have some books that you might find interesting
        in this regard, what's the next Avacal event you'll be
        at? I'll bring them along.
        -Kataryna Tkach (known as Dragonweaver)
      • tatianna_codlin@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
          Greetings Kataryna;

          Not sure when the next event that I will be attending as my new job has me
          working every weekend so far and I never know from one week to the next what
          I am working.

          Tat'ianna