Re: Ukrainian garb for 1500

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
      I have some materals but not on the web. The main thing I can say
      to steer you in the right direction is to not make the common
      mistake of assuming that kiew was culturally affiliated with Muscovy
      in this period; Muscovy was if anything the enemy. Kiew was a main
      city of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the cultural influences of
      the city folk looked to the west, that is, mostly Polish and
      Lithuanian - with lots of influences from the east also, of course.
      For example, the Latin alphabet was universally used in Kiev, not
      cyrilic.

      -Rick

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Peach" <tatianna_codlin@h...>
      wrote:
      > Greetings;
      >
      > I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in
      the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any
      pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?

      > Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

    • Marina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
        Can you post your sources so that we all might be able to do some research?

        Marina Ozeroski

        On 02/07/04 11:12 am, Rick Orli wrote:
        > I have some materals but not on the web. The main thing I can say
        > to steer you in the right direction is to not make the common
        > mistake of assuming that kiew was culturally affiliated with Muscovy
        > in this period; Muscovy was if anything the enemy. Kiew was a main
        > city of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the cultural influences of
        > the city folk looked to the west, that is, mostly Polish and
        > Lithuanian - with lots of influences from the east also, of course.
        > For example, the Latin alphabet was universally used in Kiev, not
        > cyrilic.
        >
        > -Rick
        >
        > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Peach" <tatianna_codlin@h...>
        >
        > wrote:
        > > Greetings;
        > >
        > > I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in
        >
        > the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any
        > pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?
        >
        > > Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
          Tat'ianna,
          I have some books that you might find interesting
          in this regard, what's the next Avacal event you'll be
          at? I'll bring them along.
          -Kataryna Tkach (known as Dragonweaver)
        • tatianna_codlin@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
            Greetings Kataryna;

            Not sure when the next event that I will be attending as my new job has me
            working every weekend so far and I never know from one week to the next what
            I am working.

            Tat'ianna