Ukrainian garb for 1500

  • Deborah Peach
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
      Greetings;

      I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?

      Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

    • Rick Orli
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
        I have some materals but not on the web. The main thing I can say
        to steer you in the right direction is to not make the common
        mistake of assuming that kiew was culturally affiliated with Muscovy
        in this period; Muscovy was if anything the enemy. Kiew was a main
        city of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the cultural influences of
        the city folk looked to the west, that is, mostly Polish and
        Lithuanian - with lots of influences from the east also, of course.
        For example, the Latin alphabet was universally used in Kiev, not
        cyrilic.

        -Rick

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Peach" <tatianna_codlin@h...>
        wrote:
        > Greetings;
        >
        > I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in
        the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any
        pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?

        > Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

      • Marina
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
          Can you post your sources so that we all might be able to do some research?

          Marina Ozeroski

          On 02/07/04 11:12 am, Rick Orli wrote:
          > I have some materals but not on the web. The main thing I can say
          > to steer you in the right direction is to not make the common
          > mistake of assuming that kiew was culturally affiliated with Muscovy
          > in this period; Muscovy was if anything the enemy. Kiew was a main
          > city of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the cultural influences of
          > the city folk looked to the west, that is, mostly Polish and
          > Lithuanian - with lots of influences from the east also, of course.
          > For example, the Latin alphabet was universally used in Kiev, not
          > cyrilic.
          >
          > -Rick
          >
          > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Peach" <tatianna_codlin@h...>
          >
          > wrote:
          > > Greetings;
          > >
          > > I am desperately trying to find pictures of what the women wore in
          >
          > the 1500 in Kiev. I want to make some garb but can't find any
          > pictures or patterns for that matter. Can anyone help me?
          >
          > > Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Susan Koziel
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
            Tat'ianna,
            I have some books that you might find interesting
            in this regard, what's the next Avacal event you'll be
            at? I'll bring them along.
            -Kataryna Tkach (known as Dragonweaver)
          • tatianna_codlin@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
              Greetings Kataryna;

              Not sure when the next event that I will be attending as my new job has me
              working every weekend so far and I never know from one week to the next what
              I am working.

              Tat'ianna