Re: Name help?/

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2004
      OK well ..this is getting surreal..

      Maybe you can give me some ideas then.

      What would I be called if I wanted a byname which means Petrs' wife?

      Or if I submitted Babcia Mariia do you think it would have any chance
      of getting passed?

      I really don't care about a byname but SCA requires two..lol

      Thanx again
    • Paul W. Goldschmidt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2004
        At 11:03 PM 6/14/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >OK well ..this is getting surreal..
        >
        >Maybe you can give me some ideas then.
        >
        >What would I be called if I wanted a byname which means Petrs' wife?

        Petrova zhena is the late period way of indicating this. Petrova by itself
        would work fine.

        >Or if I submitted Babcia Mariia do you think it would have any chance
        >of getting passed?

        Not sure what Babcia is (but I probably missed that discussion). :)

        Sounds like it wouldn't hurt for you to do some research on names and
        naming practices. No need to rush into getting a name. And it sounds like
        you're pretty open to ideas. My Dictionary has a pretty in depth section
        on naming practices that can get you started, but reading up on the history
        a bit more will help you as well.

        -- Paul Wickenden