Re: [sig] Intro and Plea for Garb help

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2004
      Strasvytzha from the Midrealm, a mythical place in
      the larger Slavic World that we all live in!
      My name is Mordak Timofeivich Rostovskogo ('dak)
      and that's my period your talking about and my
      specialty, Russian costuming. There are several levels
      you can do, from peasant up to Boiar/Boiaryniia but
      most start off simple. as you've found out,
      information is currrently "thin on the ground",
      however, if you will send me you're address, I'll send
      you my starter Russian costuming packet, which I have
      done gladly for most of the other interested members.
      Until then, Predslava has an excellent site on the
      Russian Knowledge pages of the SIG website as does
      Sofya de Rus. Soraya and her apprentice, Luidmilla,
      make trullyexquisite hats, with how to links on the
      web, and several of tyhe other members have do
      oustanding work and written articles in SLOVO about
      it. There are many, many excellent costumer in SIG
      currently so don't be shy to contact folks, we all
      share information freely and for free in most cases. I
      think that's on of SIG's very bwst customs and sets us
      apat fom many other groups.
      I can't speak for anyone else, but what are the
      Irish SCA groups like? More specifically, what's it
      like being a slavic psona in Ireland? I'm very curious
      but I'll definitely understand if you don't feel
      comfortable answering.
      'dak
      --- Marina Olganova de Thoting Gravenel

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2004
        Greetings Fellow SIG members:
        I used to do this all the time but mundania
        intervened in a massive way until recently. I used to
        provide a complete starter packet free of charge on
        demand but temporary poverty interrupted my project.
        However, if you would like one, read on.
        'dak

        Sure. Send me the SAS manila envelope slightly larger
        than letter sized (+ 8.5 X 11) with postage between
        1.80-2.00. I'll get the copying cost but postage adds
        up. This offer is for all interested parties, under
        these terms. For those who will be at Pennsic, I'm
        teaching two classes on Russian Costuming in the Time
        of Ivan the Terrible, 8/15 4pm AS4 & 8/16 2pm
        AS4.
        Send to :
        Tim Nalley
        2089 Iuka Avenue