Hussar Acessories

  • westo006
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5 3:49 PM
      Someone posted pitures earlier of my husband's winged Hussar armor.
      I'm looking for a saber and appropriate belt/buckle and mountings for
      it. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

      Petranella
    • John-Joseph Bober
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7 5:31 AM
        Talbot's Fine Accessories has a number of belt findings. Actually,
        the best thing to do, that I've found, is to go to sca.org, and to
        look at the merchants pages - both the juried, and the open. There
        you will find a number of metal workers and casters for buckles,
        findings, etc.

        Jan

        Someone posted pitures earlier of my husband's winged Hussar armor.
        I'm looking for a saber and appropriate belt/buckle and mountings for
        it. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

        Petranella

      • Ron Jachim
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8 5:41 PM
          Get in touch with Rick at
          http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/PolishHorseArtillery.htm

          I do 17th century Polish reenacting & I have a karabella from him that
          I am very happy with.

          He also occasionally has hussar sabers from Poland and can get him a
          palasz (Polish broadsword) or a koncerz (Polish Hussar rapier-like sword)

          Ron
        • Tracy Kremer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29 10:19 AM
            --- Ron Jachim <Ron_Jachim@...> wrote:
            > Get in touch with Rick at

            http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/PolishHorseArtillery.htm

            I'm still off of the list and going thru my backmail,
            but I just wanted to thank Ron for this link; it turns
            out to be a good one, even for those not aiming at
            being a Hussar!

            Eluned

            =====

            http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you science fiction fans; it came, it made a lot of people happy, it will be back next year!

            for good webcomics, use these links!
            http://sluggy.com http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Rick Orli
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
              Hi, I do have a few sabers from studio manufackura in poland. One
              hussar, one karabella, and one 'hungarian/cossak' for sale. They
              are period appropriate from late 1500s to 1750,
              the 'hungarian/cossak' even earlier. studio manufackura sells them
              for $280 or so, and they include scabbards. These are real sabers of
              good steel, not decorative 'wall art' -Rick