Looking for a book review

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2004
      Hi -
      While day-dreaming and looking at book titles on the David Brown/Oxbow Books site, I came across the following book:

      The Islamic World, Russia and the Vikings, 750-900: The Numismatic Evidence
      by Thomas S Noonan
      Six collected essays by Noonan which include: Why the Vikings first came to Russia; 9th-century Dirham hoards from European Russia; A 9th-century Dirham hoard from Devista in southern Russia; early `Abbasid mint output. 350p (Variorum Collected Studies Series 1998)
      ISBN 0860786579. Hardback. Price US $99.95

      Anyone know anything about it? It's out of my price range right now, but It really looks interesting.

      Thanks in advance,
      Su of the Silver Horn
      Su Ralston, Fullerton, CA