Re: My Polish garb

  • Mark S. Wolf (Janushonis, Zikowski)
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2004
      Overall it looks very good when you where it try and keep your hem stright there are three
      major things I can see the bottons and the loops are reversed the buttons should be right
      along the edge and the loops go diagnoly across the ches and help in the fitting it should
      be well fitted in the chest last thing was the tassels at the cuff never seen anything like
      that hope this helps all these things will be pretty easy to fix congrads looks good
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 28, 2004
        In a message dated 5/27/2004 6:46:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        presswolf@... writes:
        Overall it looks very good
        ****
        Thanks!
        when you where it try and keep your hem stright
        *****
        What? Nyeh rozumiem. :D

        there are three
        major things I can see the bottons and the loops are reversed the buttons
        should be right
        along the edge

        ****
        Ok, which edge?

        and the loops go diagnoly across the ches and help in the fitting it should
        be well fitted in the chest

        ****
        I saw that in the pattern dated 1640 (and also the color picture of the gold
        zupan), but I didn't know how to do it to get the diagonal to line up and look
        straight when worn. Also, how much fabric should be left slack, since it's
        ovious when you make those loops diagonal, it's going to pull the upper fabric
        tight. My current closure method was based on one of the zupans in the movie
        book for WF&S - the close ups of the red zupans of the senators who come to
        visit Jeremy.

        last thing was the tassels at the cuff never seen anything like
        that hope this helps all these things will be pretty easy to fix congrads
        looks good

        ****
        Yep, the tassels were added because I liked the ones on Prince Jeremy's zupan
        in WF&S. They are, IIRC, visible in the scene where he is in the nobleman's
        camp.

        Dziekuje!
        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, House Griffin's Moon
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, The Shire of Talonval
        Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R., The Sword of Pentamere

      • Mark S. Wolf (Janushonis, Zikowski)
        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2004
          > What? Nyeh rozumiem. :D

          in the pictures your hem issent stright ya need to have someone strighten it after you put
          your belt on

          *
          > Ok, which edge?

          buttons along the right edge loops on the left pannel

          > I saw that in the pattern dated 1640 (and also the color picture of the gold
          > zupan), but I didn't know how to do it to get the diagonal to line up and look
          > straight when worn. Also, how much fabric should be left slack, since it's
          > ovious when you make those loops diagonal, it's going to pull the upper fabric
          > tight. My current closure method was based on one of the zupans in the movie
          > book for WF&S - the close ups of the red zupans of the senators who come to
          > visit Jeremy.

          what happens is the right edge is absolutly vertacle to the ground so it pulls the left
          stright and the angle allows it to fit better it dosent seem like it should work but it does
          and was quite a common method in the east and west to help with fitting

          don't trust WF&S its not very accurate

          > Yep, the tassels were added because I liked the ones on Prince Jeremy's zupan
          > in WF&S. They are, IIRC, visible in the scene where he is in the nobleman's
          > camp.

          see above comment I havent been able to find the scean but I'll bet that there really
          dangeling buttons
        • Mark S. Wolf (Janushonis, Zikowski)
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28, 2004
            there are good notes and drawings (as well as pictures) in a folder marked Stroje thats in
            the file section over at Zaglobas tavern
          • MoxFool@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 28, 2004
              In a message dated 5/28/2004 5:14:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              presswolf@... writes:
              there are good notes and drawings (as well as pictures) in a folder marked
              Stroje thats in
              the file section over at Zaglobas tavern

              Yep, thanks Mark, I have printed out MANY of these :D

              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2004
                maybe this will help take off the buttons and the loops. reattach the buttonsvertical to the
                ground on the right edge. put the zupan on pull the right over the leftso the buttons are
                centered on your chest. then adjust the fit by pulling the lft in you shuld end up with
                more material on the lower half and this will dictate the ange of the loops
              • MoxFool@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
                    In a message dated 5/28/2004 4:52:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    presswolf@... writes:
                    what happens is the right edge is absolutly vertacle to the ground so it
                    pulls the left
                    stright and the angle allows it to fit better it dosent seem like it should
                    work but it does
                    and was quite a common method in the east and west to help with fitting

                    don't trust WF&S its not very accurate

                    Yeah, I discovered that. Depending on who was wearing what, and for how long
                    in each scene, it's obvious they 'cheated' on a bunch of the costumes.