My Polish garb

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2004
      I uploaded a few pictures of my Polish garb. I am interested to hear what you
      all think of it. Thanks!

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, House Griffin's Moon
      Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, The Shire of Talonval
      Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R., The Sword of Pentamere

    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27, 2004
        In a message dated 5/27/2004 8:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        MoxFool@... writes:
        I uploaded a few pictures of my Polish garb. I am interested to hear what you
        all think of it. Thanks!

        To the photo section, folder 'Pan Zygmunt'.

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, House Griffin's Moon
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, The Shire of Talonval
        Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R., The Sword of Pentamere

      • Mark S. Wolf (Janushonis, Zikowski)
        Message 3 of 10 , May 27, 2004
          Overall it looks very good when you where it try and keep your hem stright there are three
          major things I can see the bottons and the loops are reversed the buttons should be right
          along the edge and the loops go diagnoly across the ches and help in the fitting it should
          be well fitted in the chest last thing was the tassels at the cuff never seen anything like
          that hope this helps all these things will be pretty easy to fix congrads looks good
        • MoxFool@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28, 2004
            In a message dated 5/27/2004 6:46:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            presswolf@... writes:
            Overall it looks very good
            ****
            Thanks!
            when you where it try and keep your hem stright
            *****
            What? Nyeh rozumiem. :D

            there are three
            major things I can see the bottons and the loops are reversed the buttons
            should be right
            along the edge

            ****
            Ok, which edge?

            and the loops go diagnoly across the ches and help in the fitting it should
            be well fitted in the chest

            ****
            I saw that in the pattern dated 1640 (and also the color picture of the gold
            zupan), but I didn't know how to do it to get the diagonal to line up and look
            straight when worn. Also, how much fabric should be left slack, since it's
            ovious when you make those loops diagonal, it's going to pull the upper fabric
            tight. My current closure method was based on one of the zupans in the movie
            book for WF&S - the close ups of the red zupans of the senators who come to
            visit Jeremy.

            last thing was the tassels at the cuff never seen anything like
            that hope this helps all these things will be pretty easy to fix congrads
            looks good

            ****
            Yep, the tassels were added because I liked the ones on Prince Jeremy's zupan
            in WF&S. They are, IIRC, visible in the scene where he is in the nobleman's
            camp.

            Dziekuje!

            Message 5 of 10 , May 28, 2004
              > What? Nyeh rozumiem. :D

              in the pictures your hem issent stright ya need to have someone strighten it after you put
              your belt on

              *
              > Ok, which edge?

              buttons along the right edge loops on the left pannel

              > I saw that in the pattern dated 1640 (and also the color picture of the gold
              > zupan), but I didn't know how to do it to get the diagonal to line up and look
              > straight when worn. Also, how much fabric should be left slack, since it's
              > ovious when you make those loops diagonal, it's going to pull the upper fabric
              > tight. My current closure method was based on one of the zupans in the movie
              > book for WF&S - the close ups of the red zupans of the senators who come to
              > visit Jeremy.

              what happens is the right edge is absolutly vertacle to the ground so it pulls the left
              stright and the angle allows it to fit better it dosent seem like it should work but it does
              and was quite a common method in the east and west to help with fitting

              don't trust WF&S its not very accurate

              > Yep, the tassels were added because I liked the ones on Prince Jeremy's zupan
              > in WF&S. They are, IIRC, visible in the scene where he is in the nobleman's
              > camp.

              see above comment I havent been able to find the scean but I'll bet that there really
              dangeling buttons
            • Mark S. Wolf (Janushonis, Zikowski)
              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2004
                there are good notes and drawings (as well as pictures) in a folder marked Stroje thats in
                the file section over at Zaglobas tavern
              • MoxFool@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 28, 2004
                  In a message dated 5/28/2004 5:14:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  presswolf@... writes:
                  there are good notes and drawings (as well as pictures) in a folder marked
                  Stroje thats in
                  the file section over at Zaglobas tavern

                  Yep, thanks Mark, I have printed out MANY of these :D

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 28, 2004
                    maybe this will help take off the buttons and the loops. reattach the buttonsvertical to the
                    ground on the right edge. put the zupan on pull the right over the leftso the buttons are
                    centered on your chest. then adjust the fit by pulling the lft in you shuld end up with
                    more material on the lower half and this will dictate the ange of the loops
                  • MoxFool@aol.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
                        In a message dated 5/28/2004 4:52:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        presswolf@... writes:
                        what happens is the right edge is absolutly vertacle to the ground so it
                        pulls the left
                        stright and the angle allows it to fit better it dosent seem like it should
                        work but it does
                        and was quite a common method in the east and west to help with fitting

                        don't trust WF&S its not very accurate

                        Yeah, I discovered that. Depending on who was wearing what, and for how long
                        in each scene, it's obvious they 'cheated' on a bunch of the costumes.