Re: Ovens - bringing up the past

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2004
      >A few years ago I recall in a discussion about bread
      >ovens someone asking about the fact that clay discs
      >were found in (or on top of) ovens in digs. (or
      >something like that)...

      That would have been me ;-)

      Many (belated) thanks for that suggestion, it is one that would never have
      occurred to me!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
      P.O.Box 11, CZ 413 01 Roudnice, Czech Republic
    • Susan Koziel
      Message 2 of 5 , May 20, 2004
        It was just really weird how I got the info too.
        :)
        I was in the middle of discussing building a pottery
        kiln & how to process raw clay with my pottery
        instructor.
        Wood fired kilns & wood fired ovens can have a lot of
        similarities.
        :)

        -Kataryna