Re: [sig] Peasants

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2004
      > Hi:
      >
      > I'm trying to research peasants in the Slavic area during the middle ages,
      > but there aren't a lot of sources out there. Does anyone know of any good
      > ones? I'm looking for everyday life material.

      There's some information in these two books:

      Economy, Society and Lordship in Medieval Poland: 1100-1250. Pyotr
      Gorecki. (NY: Holmes & Meier, 1992

      Land, Liberties and Lordship in a Late Medieval Countryside: Agrarian
      Structures and Change in the Duchy of Wroclaw. Richard C. Hoffman.
      (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1989)

      "In most communities it is illegal to cry .fire. in a crowded assembly.
      Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to
      manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political
      aims?" -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • R.J. Clarke
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2004
        Try this web site. I have not yet wandered all teh way through it, but you
        never know...

        http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/index.html

        Gospodar Robert
        R.J.
        DRAGOONS!!!
        audax et celer

        MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*
      • Cid
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2004
          I wandered through the whole museum, or at least most of it, and
          never saw more than a case or two of clothing from the Russian past,
          which was really irritating. Good armory displays though. Again, I
          could be wrong, that was in March, I've had finals and real sleep
          since then O.o

          --Irina Radokovaia