Peasants

  • Johanna Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19 7:52 AM
      Hi:

      I'm trying to research peasants in the Slavic area during the middle ages,
      but there aren't a lot of sources out there. Does anyone know of any good
      ones? I'm looking for everyday life material.

      Thanks,
      Johanna

    • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19 8:42 AM
        > Hi:
        >
        > I'm trying to research peasants in the Slavic area during the middle ages,
        > but there aren't a lot of sources out there. Does anyone know of any good
        > ones? I'm looking for everyday life material.

        There's some information in these two books:

        Economy, Society and Lordship in Medieval Poland: 1100-1250. Pyotr
        Gorecki. (NY: Holmes & Meier, 1992

        Land, Liberties and Lordship in a Late Medieval Countryside: Agrarian
        Structures and Change in the Duchy of Wroclaw. Richard C. Hoffman.
        (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1989)

        "In most communities it is illegal to cry .fire. in a crowded assembly.
        Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to
        manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political
        aims?" -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
      • R.J. Clarke
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20 6:18 PM
          Try this web site. I have not yet wandered all teh way through it, but you
          never know...

          http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/index.html

          Gospodar Robert
          R.J.
          DRAGOONS!!!
          audax et celer

          MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*
        • Cid
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21 12:44 PM
            I wandered through the whole museum, or at least most of it, and
            never saw more than a case or two of clothing from the Russian past,
            which was really irritating. Good armory displays though. Again, I
            could be wrong, that was in March, I've had finals and real sleep
            since then O.o

            --Irina Radokovaia