Slavic costume pics

  • Yana
    Message 1 of 7 , May 18, 2004
      From the recent Northshield Investiture:

      Vlad and Petranella
      <http://www.melm.org/NSGallery/Crown-Memories/DSC_1388>

      Side view of same
      <http://www.melm.org/NSGallery/Crown-Memories/DSC_1476>

      --Yana
    • D and L Potucek
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2004
        Vlads' armour really knocked my socks off. In my opinion he and his lady were the best dressed duo - bar none. Do you know if he frequents these boards?

        Dziekuje!
        Pan Langry

      • Salli J. Weston
        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2004
          <Vlads' armour really knocked my socks off. In my opinion he and his lady
          were <the best dressed duo - bar none. Do you know if he frequents these
          boards?
          <
          <Dziekuje!
          <Pan Langry

          Thank you, Vlad does not frequent any boards, but I do and can act as
          relay.

          Petranella
        • Tracy Kremer
          Message 4 of 7 , May 25, 2004
            Vlad looks fantastic, but I do have one question; the
            "wings" I've seen in museums I seem to remember as
            being mostly straight up, no or few curves to them. Is
            this my memory at fault, were there regional
            differences, or did Vlad get creative since he wasn't
            going to be riding a horse in his armor?

            Eluned

            =====

            IN 2004 - JUNE 4-6th - COMING TO CHARLOTTE - (drum roll, please,)http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas

            for good webcomics, use these links!
            http://sluggy.com http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

            http://messenger.yahoo.com/
          • D and L Potucek
            Message 5 of 7 , May 26, 2004
              No, Vlad's wings are accurate. Most of the surviving examples I have seen have this curve to them. Take a look here, it is in Polish but there are good pictures.

              http://www.jest.art.pl/zbroja.html

              Dziekuje!
              Pan Langry

            • Kythe
              Message 6 of 7 , May 26, 2004
                I'd be curious what Vlad used for the wings. I've been thinking
                about doing the same kind of outfit but Rattan seems to be not really
                maleable enough.
              • Tracy Kremer
                Message 7 of 7 , May 26, 2004
                  --- D and L Potucek <dpotucek@...> wrote:
                  > No, Vlad's wings are accurate. Most of the
                  > surviving examples I have seen have this curve to
                  > them. Take a look here, it is in Polish but there
                  > are good pictures.

                  Thank you. The pictured wings may have a tiny bit
                  less curve to them (it's hard to tell), but it is
                  apparently my memory that is in error. The pictures
                  are good ones, too; thanks for the link!

                  Eluned

                  =====