Re: [sig] tracing the path of a wandering ancestor...

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2004
      Actually it could also be Austrian, German, Polish, or
      Russian.

      I'm from a Heavily Ukrainian area of Canada... we have
      people who do ancestory searchs out here. I can ask
      around if you'd like. (please email me off the SIG
      list).

      One of my grand parents was near Lviv.
      My Grandfather had an Austrian passport, since his
      town was part of Austria for a time (pre WWII).
      My Grandmother a Polish one.

      The problem is that the area that is Ukrainian in
      custom has been held by a huge number of other
      countries over the years.
      -Kataryna