Re: [sig] Novgorod History?

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2004
      On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 04:29:41PM -0400, Mikhail Nicholaev wrote:
      > I'm looking to find out more about the history of Novgorod, are there
      > any good books dealing with it or having information on it more than a
      > passing mention of it?

      The chronicle of Novgorod, 1016-1471.
      [Hattiesburg, Miss.] Academic International, 1970. 1970.
      Added Authors:
      Michell, Robert, tr.
      Forbes, Nevill, 1883-1929, tr.

      Author Thompson, M. W. (Michael Welman)
      Title Novgorod the Great ; excavations at the medieval city directed by
      A. V. Artsikhovsky and B. A. Kolchin / Compiled and written by M. W.
      Thompson.
      Publisher London : Evelyn, Adams & Mackay, c1967.

      The above are held in libraries local to me.

      Two more in the Bares & Norble catalog:

      Novgorod: Archaeology of a Medieval Russian City and Its Hinterland
      Mark Brisbane, David M. Gaimster, David Gaimster

      Novgorod in Focus: Selected Essays
      Henrik Birnbaum
      Hardcover, September 1996

      "What place provides an endless number of resources and information at
      your fingertips no matter your age, income or background. How about your
      library? That's right. Your library has books, videos, magazines,
      computers, online access, special collections and more all for the asking.
      There's something for everyone @ your library." - ALA.org