RE: [sig] Re: Period Mustard Recipes

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 28, 2004
      --- Jeanne <jeanne@...> wrote:
      > got websites for these? Never heard of them.

      Well, Seed Savers is a network of groups, it is
      actually called the Seed Savers Exchange. There are
      "Seed Savers" groups from Ireland to Australia.
      Members often swap seeds between them without having
      to go to an official source, but there is one place in
      America that apparently has set up to grow the plants,
      gather the seeds, and ship them out, and gives out a
      catalogue with descriptions of what these plants are,
      and are like (including descriptions of the taste of
      fruits, as best one can), and they have the most
      fascinatingly odd fruits, herbs, and etc.

      To find some of these groups, go here;

      http://www.directory.net/Science/Environment/Biodiversity/Agricultural/Seed%5FSavers/

      ...it seems to be a list of the different national
      groups.

      As for Richters, try Richters.com, they are a canadian
      commercial seed and plant shipping concern, and have
      been around for buku years. They have a good rep.

      The herb and flower seed savers exchange info is in
      the car, it was an insert in the seed savers
      catalogue. I had saved the sites URLs to "favorites",
      but then lost all of my links and am in the process of
      rebuilding.

      When I get a chance to unpack my car from this weekend
      (had business elsewhere, took my paperwork with me,
      now it is scattered all thru my car!), I will post the
      information on the two "savers" sites.

      The catalogues are free, if a bit overwhelming!

      Eluned

      =====

      IN 2004 - JUNE 4-6th - COMING TO CHARLOTTE - (drum roll, please,)http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas

      for good webcomics, use these links!
      http://sluggy.com http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Tracy Kremer
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 7, 2004
        --- "Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik" <Posadnik@...>
        wrote:
        > In Russia things are worse. Major cities allow you
        > to work online, from an internet cafe

        I ran into some of those in Poland; they were not
        terribly expensive, at least in Gdansk, in February,
        but that could add up after a while, and we kept
        finding out that advertised or previously used (on
        other trips by friends) internet cafes had closed
        down, and new ones popped up elsewhere, sort of like
        that carnival game with the gophers...and I suspect
        printing fees might be higher than we are used to in
        the states, too.

        > Most individuals have
        > dial-up type of connection, and the state of
        > telephone lines in Russia is yet VERY poor, no optic
        > fibre, just copper cables that get wet in
        > spring-autumn, etc.

        Ooo, that has _got_ to be annoying! Especially with a
        long, rainy, mud-season!

        > There's one more argument for keeping a paper copy.
        > ...attracting prospective newcomers is more easy
        > when you try both ways: web-advertising (i.e. SIG
        > website) and distributing printed information
        > materials. For example, making a SMALL digest of
        > back issues of Slovo (say, for distributing at
        > Pennsic) may help to keep SIG activities high.

        Hmmmm - that _is_ a thought! I recently ran into a
        representative of a group _not_ in the SCA but
        interested in regional costuming; specifically
        Norwegian and Swedish (I seem to recall). She went to
        a Costuming Convention (Science Fiction affiliated,
        but with historical clothing equally represented) that
        I also was at (working), and attended a lecture on
        Norwegian costuming. (When I dig up my notes, I'll
        share the URLs and other easily shared info). The
        right printout of SLOVO would have been a good thing
        to share on that occasion. I think I have a flyer
        from that group, but the best occasion is past...

        well, will you look at the time!

        gotta go!

        Eluned

        =====