Medieval Russia Resources Online and in English

  • Kseniia Smol'nyanina
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2004
      This link was passed on to me today:

      http://faculty.washington.edu/dwaugh/rus/ruspg1.html

      From the site:

      "This web page will provide links to resources for the teaching and learning of the early history of the areas encompassed primarily by today's Ukraine and the European parts of Russia and some adjoining regions of Eastern Europe. The particular focus will be on the culture of the Orthodox East Slavs; the period to be covered extends to approximately 1700. The emphasis is on material available in English; this is not intended as a resource primarily for the support of serious academic research."

      I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but it seems to have a lot of good info from primary sources (i.e. legal texts, narrative accounts, chronicles) for non-Russian speakers.

      Let me know what you think.

      --Kseniia

      Lady Kseniia Smol'nyanina
      Barony of Three Mountains