pronunciation

  • Rischa
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      I am developing a persona from the Baltic Region, Riga to be precise,
      and am not sure of the pronunciation, is the G hard like "Rye-ga"
      or "Ree-ga" or is it soft like "Rye-ja" or "Ree-ja"? And is the Ri,
      Rye or Ree?
      Many thanks, Rischa
    • "Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik"
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
        > I am developing a persona from the Baltic Region, Riga to be precise,
        > and am not sure of the pronunciation, is the G hard like "Rye-ga"
        > or "Ree-ga" or is it soft like "Rye-ja" or "Ree-ja"? And is the Ri,
        > Rye or Ree?
        > Many thanks, Rischa

        In phonetic script, it's [riga]. Ree-ga.