Re: belt query

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
      I confess I haven't really looked at female costumes; I would suspect
      they didn't wear much in the way of belts.

      Some designs that would be appropriate for a man's costume can be
      found here:

      http://www.geocities.com/normanjfin/belts/
      The Sarkel belt described there is probably the closest to your time
      period.
      The site concentrates on various groups that *interacted* with Slavs,
      not Slavs themselves, so it's somewhat of a stretch, though Sarkel
      seems to me to be close enough in design to belt mounts I've seen in
      books on Russian burials.

      -Dmitriy