Re: [sig] Digest Number 1388

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      > The illustrations in "Drevnaia Rus: Byt' i Kultura"
      > show veils worn under the
      > hat to wrap the head and neck closely, and another
      > (translucent?) veil can then
      > be draped over the back of the hat to hang down
      > around the shoulders, if memory
      > serves. (I need to get those pictures on my
      > website. Grumble, grumble.)
      > Sofya la Rus
      > P.S. A pillbox-type hat is shown in those same
      > illustrations.

      Thanks!
      Say, does anyone else get little X boxes for bad
      images when visiting Liudmila's "Notes On Russian
      Women's Headwear and Accessories from IXth through
      XVIIth Centuries" webpage?
      BTW, Sofya - your website is great, I visit it all the
      time!
      --Sfandra Dmitrieva

      =====
      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/