Crown Lore

  • mandragora_felix
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2004
      Hello! First off, thanks for accepting me into your magnificent
      group. I've always found all things Slavic to be highly facinating.
      As a matter of fact, August Strindberg is one of my favorite
      playwrights. That, and I firmly believe the whole mystery & angst
      surrounding the Viking epoch goes greatly underappreciated.

      Next, I was wondering if anybody here could tell me what the things
      on the top of crowns were called. From a technical standpoint, were
      they called spires or spikes or crenulations or what? I've been all
      over the Net and seen several sites yet none of them discuss the
      technical make-up of a crown this deeply.

      Did or did not Viking kings wear crowns?

      Thanks!