RE: Croatians

  • Lydia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hi there,

      Yes, I do believe that there are Croatians on the list. My grandfather
      was from around Livno. Recently I got in touch with a cousin there. Part
      of the challenge with my maiden surname is the spelling variations over
      time and place.

      With respect to the SCA, I combine my interest in genealogy with my
      interest in medieval history. I place my personae in Ragusa (Dubrovnik)
      simply because I have been there, and been enchanted with the place. My
      knowledge about it in period is a little limited though.

      What I did get out of my cousin in Zagreb is that the family were famous
      sculptors at one point, but I have not gotten the time frame on that.
      Unfortunately I do not read/speak the language.

      Enough about me for now. I am happy to learn what I can.

      Best regards,
      Lady Lidiya Lijovic de Ragusa
      MKA Lydia Leovic Towery