600 (+/-) Glorious Cross Stitch & Embroidery Patterns

  • iambe@userfriendly.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2004
      Greetings & Salutations!

      My name is Anistas Augustinov (MKA Natalie Lynn) and I have just
      joined, gleefully, the Slavic Interest Group. As a person of slavic
      ancestry (Ukrainian and Russian) I have been blessed with a fairly
      unique familial hand-me-down, my mother's pattern book. The cross-
      stitch and embroidery book is about 30 years old, written entirely
      in Ukrainian and bearing about 600 different visual, gridded
      patterns, animals, geometrics, florals etc. large and small. There
      is a hearty combination of embroidery and cross-stitch patterns,
      keeping with period, and more modern themes. While the binding is
      going on the book, I will gladly scan patterns for anyone needing
      them for their own needlework projects! Afterwards, I am going to
      have the book rebound (anyone do this?) It is my goal to scan the
      entire book as it bears no visible copyright, categorize and place
      the images up on my file server. As you can appreciate this is a
      pretty huge task. Until I can get around to doing that, I will be
      more than happy to scan any theme that anyone likes provided it is
      in the book.

      I haven't seen any pattern books like this before, and I know that
      embroidery patterns are in constant demand so I would like to help
      out anyone I possibly can.

      Please email me with any requests that you have (Hey Nat, I need a
      rooster pattern), and I will keep you in touch with everyone as to
      scanning the 140pages of this book :) I have uploaded a sample
      dragonfly pattern here:
      http://www.daggurl.com/images/patterns/dragonflypattern.jpg (294KB)

      In addition I have a patterns for a sorochka and a korsetka to fit
      about a size fourteen and I would be more than happy to scan those
      out if anyone needs them.

      YIS,

      Ani
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
        Dear Ani,

        When you have rebound the book and are ready to make copies, I will buy one
        eagerly!

        Julka

        [This message edited by moderator. Please clip your posts]
      • Tat'ianna Radokovaia
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
          [Edited by moderator. Deleted 62 lines of unnecessary quoting. Clip your posts]

          Greetings Anistas;

          I would love to have get a copy of the patterns from the book that you have.
          It is so hard to find anything from Ukraine.

          Tat'ianna Radokovaia Codlin