Re: [sig] Magyar clothing sources wanted

  • Elaine Manyoki
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2003
      My Husband and I are both attempting to pass Hungarian names, J'anos Levente and Katya Levente. His is from J'anos Hunyadi, with Levente as one of the sons of Matias Corvinus (I think...I am really poor on the history..he is better, since in reality his parents were born and raised in Budapest...) Mine uses a diminutive of Katica, who was the daughter of Dobo, of the battle of Eger fame...there are listings of female names earlier than 1600, but they are hard to find...we went for names to a book called "A history of Hungary" by Denis Signor....

      Katya Levente
      (mka Elaine Manyoki)

      [Edited by moderator. Do not quote entire messages in your posts. Please read the group FAQ again.]