Re: [sig] Seeking Temple Ring Information

  • Kathrine M. O'Neal
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
      > I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
      > papers about digs that have found them.
      > -Kataryna

      Bless you. And Despina too. ^_^

      Pomestnitsa Ekaterina
      Poor Apprentice who's Laurel will pay
      for her casting silver if she writes this paper
    • Susan Koziel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
        In the mean time check

        http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/
        If you quick search "temple rings" you get another
        picture of some that are from the 12th century.
        -Kataryna

        --- Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...>
        wrote:
        > I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
        > papers about digs that have found them.
        > -Kataryna
        >
        > --- "Kathrine M. O'Neal" <ekaterina@...>
        > wrote:
        > > Greetings!
        > >
        > > I'm working on a paper to accompany an entry in
        > > Ansteorra's Kingdom A&S this
        > > next January, and am looking for more sources. I
        > > have a scanned copy of
        > > Rybakov's 10-13th century Russian Ornament, and am
        > > also working with some
        > > information from Peter Beatson's article "Temple
        > > rings, and female headdress
        > > of the Eastern Slavs in Rus'", but I would be more
        > > comfortable if I had
        > > access to other sources. I am woefully strapped
        > for
        > > cash, but should
        > > (hopefully) be able to get some things on ILL.
        > >
        > > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
        > >
        > > Pomestnitsa Ekaterina Stepanova doch'
        > Novgorodskaia
        > > ekaterina (at) direcway (dot) com
        > > Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
          Also search for temple pendant at the hermaitage site
          -Kataryna