Re: [sig] Seeking Temple Ring Information

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
      I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
      papers about digs that have found them.
      -Kataryna

      --- "Kathrine M. O'Neal" <ekaterina@...>
      wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > I'm working on a paper to accompany an entry in
      > Ansteorra's Kingdom A&S this
      > next January, and am looking for more sources. I
      > have a scanned copy of
      > Rybakov's 10-13th century Russian Ornament, and am
      > also working with some
      > information from Peter Beatson's article "Temple
      > rings, and female headdress
      > of the Eastern Slavs in Rus'", but I would be more
      > comfortable if I had
      > access to other sources. I am woefully strapped for
      > cash, but should
      > (hopefully) be able to get some things on ILL.
      >
      > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
      >
      > Pomestnitsa Ekaterina Stepanova doch' Novgorodskaia
      > ekaterina (at) direcway (dot) com
      > Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

    • Kathrine M. O'Neal
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
        > I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
        > papers about digs that have found them.
        > -Kataryna

        Bless you. And Despina too. ^_^

        Pomestnitsa Ekaterina
        Poor Apprentice who's Laurel will pay
        for her casting silver if she writes this paper
      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
          In the mean time check

          http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/
          If you quick search "temple rings" you get another
          picture of some that are from the 12th century.
          -Kataryna

          --- Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
            Also search for temple pendant at the hermaitage site
            -Kataryna