Re: [sig] Seeking Temple Ring Information

  • Kseniia Smol'nyanina
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
      Uvazhaemaya Ekaterina!

      I would suggesting checking out Peter's bibliography - I have had good luck acquiring his sources through ILL. You may also want to try e-mailing him directly; he's very helpful.

      -- Kseniia

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Lady Kseniia Smol'nyanina
      Barony of Three Mountains
      kseniia@...
      ********
      MKA: Christine Jacobs
      www.geocities.com/chrstnj
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Susan Koziel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
        I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
        papers about digs that have found them.
        -Kataryna

        --- "Kathrine M. O'Neal" <ekaterina@...>
        wrote:
        > Greetings!
        >
        > I'm working on a paper to accompany an entry in
        > Ansteorra's Kingdom A&S this
        > next January, and am looking for more sources. I
        > have a scanned copy of
        > Rybakov's 10-13th century Russian Ornament, and am
        > also working with some
        > information from Peter Beatson's article "Temple
        > rings, and female headdress
        > of the Eastern Slavs in Rus'", but I would be more
        > comfortable if I had
        > access to other sources. I am woefully strapped for
        > cash, but should
        > (hopefully) be able to get some things on ILL.
        >
        > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
        >
        > Pomestnitsa Ekaterina Stepanova doch' Novgorodskaia
        > ekaterina (at) direcway (dot) com
        > Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

      • Kathrine M. O'Neal
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
          > I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
          > papers about digs that have found them.
          > -Kataryna

          Bless you. And Despina too. ^_^

          Pomestnitsa Ekaterina
          Poor Apprentice who's Laurel will pay
          for her casting silver if she writes this paper
        • Susan Koziel
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
            In the mean time check

            http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/
            If you quick search "temple rings" you get another
            picture of some that are from the 12th century.
            -Kataryna

            --- Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
              Also search for temple pendant at the hermaitage site
              -Kataryna