Seeking Temple Ring Information

  • Kathrine M. O'Neal
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
      Greetings!

      I'm working on a paper to accompany an entry in Ansteorra's Kingdom A&S this
      next January, and am looking for more sources. I have a scanned copy of
      Rybakov's 10-13th century Russian Ornament, and am also working with some
      information from Peter Beatson's article "Temple rings, and female headdress
      of the Eastern Slavs in Rus'", but I would be more comfortable if I had
      access to other sources. I am woefully strapped for cash, but should
      (hopefully) be able to get some things on ILL.

      Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

      Pomestnitsa Ekaterina Stepanova doch' Novgorodskaia
      ekaterina (at) direcway (dot) com
      Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra
    • Kseniia Smol'nyanina
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
        Uvazhaemaya Ekaterina!

        I would suggesting checking out Peter's bibliography - I have had good luck acquiring his sources through ILL. You may also want to try e-mailing him directly; he's very helpful.

        -- Kseniia

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Lady Kseniia Smol'nyanina
        Barony of Three Mountains
        kseniia@...
        ********
        MKA: Christine Jacobs
        www.geocities.com/chrstnj
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
          I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
          papers about digs that have found them.
          -Kataryna

          --- "Kathrine M. O'Neal" <ekaterina@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2003
            > I'll see if I can dig up the list of archeological
            > papers about digs that have found them.
            > -Kataryna

            Bless you. And Despina too. ^_^

            Pomestnitsa Ekaterina
            Poor Apprentice who's Laurel will pay
            for her casting silver if she writes this paper
          • Susan Koziel
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
              In the mean time check

              http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/
              If you quick search "temple rings" you get another
              picture of some that are from the 12th century.
              -Kataryna

              --- Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
                Also search for temple pendant at the hermaitage site
                -Kataryna