Re: Polish titles (mixed replies)

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2003
      I have a surprising number of cognates between turkish and central
      asian languages and Polish. All just things I ran into quite by
      accident, and mostly things that pertain to military stuff or dress.
      e.g. Uzbek words 'Torba': large bag for carying gear especially
      carpet bag for camp gear/tentage; and 'chapan' =zupan (kind of
      kaftan). And many turkish clothing, weapons, and tentage terms are
      identical to or very much like the Polish. I suppose these are
      likely (13-17th C) additions to the Polish language during periods of
      heavy contact.
      -Rick