handy Polish phrases

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2003
      Nyeah reh-soomeeyum po polsku, reh-soomeeyum po an-gellsku (slightly
      roll your "r"s .

      (I don't speak Polish, I speak English.)

      Always worked for me ;)

      Also ... Check-eye, check-eye! (accent on check) (wait ...as in "wait!
      wait for me!")

      My mother taught me these when she took me to Poland about 20 years ago.
      They were always very helpful.
      Maria P

      Can anyone think of some more SCA-handy Polish phrases, along with their

      phonetic pronunciations? Such as:

      Good day!
      Your Grace/Excellency/Excellencies
      Lay on (or an equivalent)