Re: [sig] Re: Polish Liquor?

  • Jenn Ridley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
      On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 06:45:08 EDT, MoxFool@... wrote:

      >Where can I get sour cherries?

      The freezer section of your local grocer. They're out of season right
      now, so you won't be able to find fresh. Meijer's has frozen sour
      cherries in with the frozen fruit (other grocers may as well, but
      since you're in Northwoods, it's the easiest place).

      stasia
      --
      Anastasia Emilianova
      Jenn Ridley
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
        I order mine, individually flash frozen, from my Agway. (they come
        from Michigan, I believe). They work quite nicely for cordial
        making.

        Jan - East
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003

          > Where can I get sour cherries? And find a recipe for Blueberry mead?

          At this time of the year you can replace cherries by plums. Warning: in
          Poland we use this small, dark, not so sweet but taste, old kind of plums
          called: hungarian plums (I dont think they have something in common with
          Hungary, but they are simply the best). Put them (in quarters) into the
          bottle, add sugar, fill with alcohol (I know it will be 'not period' but
          some says the spirit is the best, 40% or 70%), close the bottle then wait
          some 2-3 (or more if you will be able to stand it ;)
          M.