Re: Polish Liquor?

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
      Where can I get sour cherries? And find a recipe for Blueberry mead?

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, <A HREF="http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/">The Shire of Talonvale</A>
      Ward to THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.
      MOFIT, shire Rapier Marshal
      "Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens." Jimmi Hendrix

    • Jenn Ridley
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
        On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 06:45:08 EDT, MoxFool@... wrote:

        >Where can I get sour cherries?

        The freezer section of your local grocer. They're out of season right
        now, so you won't be able to find fresh. Meijer's has frozen sour
        cherries in with the frozen fruit (other grocers may as well, but
        since you're in Northwoods, it's the easiest place).

        stasia
        --
        Anastasia Emilianova
        Jenn Ridley
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
          I order mine, individually flash frozen, from my Agway. (they come
          from Michigan, I believe). They work quite nicely for cordial
          making.

          Jan - East
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003

            > Where can I get sour cherries? And find a recipe for Blueberry mead?

            At this time of the year you can replace cherries by plums. Warning: in
            Poland we use this small, dark, not so sweet but taste, old kind of plums
            called: hungarian plums (I dont think they have something in common with
            Hungary, but they are simply the best). Put them (in quarters) into the
            bottle, add sugar, fill with alcohol (I know it will be 'not period' but
            some says the spirit is the best, 40% or 70%), close the bottle then wait
            some 2-3 (or more if you will be able to stand it ;)
            M.