Polish Hootch

  • Butler309@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      A brewmeister somewhere told me that a Blueberry Mead (Melomel) was a
      particulary famed product of Polish art in Period. Sounds yummy, though I'm a
      consumer, not producer.

      - Steve Butler/Leszek

    • tatijana aka diane
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2003
        ok, i liked the title but i have a question for anybody who knows
        about it: about 30 years ago when my husband's cousin was visting
        from poland [no joke: he did own a large pig farm there!] he brought
        with him this alcohol from poland that came in small bottles, similar
        to the little kings bottles but it was clear.....he gave me a
        teaspoon of this stuff to taste: i think as soon as i swallowed it it
        then hit straight to my head, and i've had enough vodka in my life
        but NOTHING like this stuff......my husband said it was about 200
        proof or something, they buy it in six packs and drink a pack [!!!] a
        night or so, or at least his cousin claimed.....

        does anyone know what this stuff is?

        didi

        sorry on the post thingie: thought i'd cut enough on the second post,
        but you never sent any rules to me about this group....suddenly: i
        was in......
      • Kythe
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2003
          I don't remember the spelling but my Uncle (polish but living in
          London) brought a bottle of it to the states. It's called
          Jarzenbriak which is Polish Rowenberry Vodka, suppossed to be 200
          proof. A teaspoon layed on a warm countertop will actually evaporate
          in front of your eyes. There's another one I heard of called Yubroka
          which is Potato Vodka and it's suppossed to be 150 proof. Both will
          clean you out better than Liquid Plumber.

          Kythe.

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "tatijana aka diane"