Russian Event Plug!

  • zillah1199@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2003
      October 18
      The Marche of Gwyntarian is hosting:

      Muscovites and Mongols!
      http://www.midrealm.org/gwyntarian/mevent.html
      4450 Rex Lake Dr. Akron OH 44319
      Gates open at 9 am and close at 10 pm. Site is Wet (After 5pm).
      Site: $5.00 Feast $6.00 pre reg
      Site $6.00 Feast $7.00 at the door.
      Non Member Site Surcharge $3.00

      Featuring a fabulous Russian/Mongol feast, a Russian lunch, melee and tourney style fighting, archery, mock equestrian and mock horse archery, A&S classes and a good time for all.

      Directions (Event site is in the Portage Lakes Area, just south of Akron):

      FROM THE NORTH, EAST AND WEST: Best Route to I-77 S. Take the ARLINGTON RD exit 120. Turn RIGHT onto S ARLINGTON RD. Turn RIGHT onto E TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD/ OH-619. Turn LEFT onto DUSTYS RD. Turn RIGHT onto REX LAKE RD.

      FROM THE SOUTH: I-77 N. Take the ARLINGTON RD exit 120. Turn LEFT onto S ARLINGTON RD. Turn RIGHT onto E TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD/ OH-619. Turn LEFT onto DUSTYS RD. Turn RIGHT onto REX LAKE RD.

      see ya there
      zillah
    • Rick Orli
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2003
        while not SCA events and set in the 17th C.; in case you are
        interested:
        the Ft. Randolph (Point Pleasant WVA)
        Siege of Torun 1658 event is just a few weeks away. Friday Oct. 31,
        to Nov 2. We have folks coming from all the several 17th C. Polish
        groups in the east half of the US, and will have a good mounted
        cavalry turnout too in eastern and western kit.
        http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/siege_of_torun_1658.htm

        Also, 2 weeks later (nov 15-16) is the demonstration we are doing for
        the Fall IN! wargamer's convention at Timmonium Fairground, MD.
        Including an
        informal 'school of musketeer' and demonstrations of mounted winged
        hussars and horse archers (plans include Lukas Novotny, head
        instructor at this year's international horse archery festival).
        Other entertainments include elements of the VA ren faire and
        Merrick's Priviteers, but everything is 14-17th C. oriented.

        We would love to see you at these events, If you want to participate
        or visit and
        have not been in touch yet, let us know. For ft Randolph we are
        working out a meal plan and other details now.

        -Rick orlir at yahoo.com