New website!

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      [Note: partly a commercial message, sent with list-owner permission]

      This is just to let everyone know that my new website is finally online, at
      http://www.skriptorium.info - comments and (constructive) criticism would
      be welcome!

      So, what can you find there?

      Well for a start, my business pages, relating to the translation and
      consultancy services which I (and some new associates) offer. Anyone
      needing a Czech -> English translation is of course welcome to contact me
      any time! (I'm happy to work on a barter system for books from Amazon, and
      can also accept payments by e-mail through Moneybookers.com - since PayPal
      do not accept signups from the Czech Rep.)

      I've also decided to bring in the material which I have previously had
      online elsewhere - so the 'Resources' section includes various SIG-relevant
      things, including articles which have previously appeared in Slovo, the
      infamous Great Moravia timeline (still the only one available?), a
      Premyslid 'king list', a take on SCA Czech titles and so on.

      More articles and historical musings will certainly be added in due
      course - we've just started work on a series on notable Brits in Bohemia
      and Czechs in Britain, for example (Robert the Englishman, Bishop of
      Olomouc and chancellor to Premysl Otakar I, the "lost" Anglo-Saxon wife of
      Boleslav II, Anne of Bohemia, Kelly, Dee, Wallenstein's murderers etc.
      etc.); the pages for the translators' mailing list which I run will also
      be brought in over the next month so.

      So... have a look, have fun, and let me know what you think!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
      P.O.Box 11, CZ 413 01 Roudnice, Czech Republic