Re: [sig] Long live the King!

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
      : "Niech zyje król!"

      I'd like to learn this, too, for my next Court! I will miss our Fall
      Coronation but I will be going to a Kingdom event soon afterwards to swear
      fealty (one need not be a peer in Meridies to swear fealty, so I do it on a
      regular basis).

      Isabelle de Foix
      Shire Brantestone
      Kingdom of Meridies
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
        > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
        > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
        > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
        >
        > Wojtek

        Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, <A HREF="http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/">The Shire of Talonvale</A>
        Ward to THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.
        MOFIT, shire Rapier Marshal
        "Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens." Jimmi Hendrix

      • Rick Orli
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
          something like 'nech ZE-yeh crruel'. where the ch has a hard to
          explain throathy breath quality. (get someone who knows how to sing
          the happy birthday song 'sto lat' it has Niech zyje in it. Many 3rd-
          4th generations poles, inlaws, etc. who know no polish whatever can
          sing this song)
          However, I think the usual phrase with that meaning would be "Vivat
          król!" Or in A crowd just 'Vivat!,'Vivat!,Vivat!'
          -Rick

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Wojtek Wilk" <dobrowol@i...> wrote:
          > Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But
          > I am usure how to
          > pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje król!" The Z has a dot
          > over it. Thanks!
          > ---
          > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
          > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
          > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
          >
          > Wojtek
        • Brenton Clifford
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
            >Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!
            >
            >Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski

            Polish has very little in common with english. Enjoy! :)

            -Brenton, a polish learner. Slowly.

            Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. More info at
            http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/MoChat.asp?blipid=6800