Re: [sig] Long live the King!

  • Wojtek Wilk
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
      Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But
      I am usure how to
      pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje kr�l!" The Z has a dot
      over it. Thanks!
      ---
      Try learning some Polish grammar:)
      Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
      (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)

      Wojtek
    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
        : "Niech zyje król!"

        I'd like to learn this, too, for my next Court! I will miss our Fall
        Coronation but I will be going to a Kingdom event soon afterwards to swear
        fealty (one need not be a peer in Meridies to swear fealty, so I do it on a
        regular basis).

        Isabelle de Foix
        Shire Brantestone
        Kingdom of Meridies
      • MoxFool@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
          > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
          > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
          > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
          >
          > Wojtek

          Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!

          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, <A HREF="http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/">The Shire of Talonvale</A>
          Ward to THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.
          MOFIT, shire Rapier Marshal
          "Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens." Jimmi Hendrix

        • Rick Orli
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
            something like 'nech ZE-yeh crruel'. where the ch has a hard to
            explain throathy breath quality. (get someone who knows how to sing
            the happy birthday song 'sto lat' it has Niech zyje in it. Many 3rd-
            4th generations poles, inlaws, etc. who know no polish whatever can
            sing this song)
            However, I think the usual phrase with that meaning would be "Vivat
            król!" Or in A crowd just 'Vivat!,'Vivat!,Vivat!'
            -Rick

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Wojtek Wilk" <dobrowol@i...> wrote:
            > Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But
            > I am usure how to
            > pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje król!" The Z has a dot
            > over it. Thanks!
            > ---
            > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
            > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
            > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
            >
            > Wojtek
          • Brenton Clifford
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
              >Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!
              >
              >Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski

              Polish has very little in common with english. Enjoy! :)

              -Brenton, a polish learner. Slowly.

              Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. More info at
              http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/MoChat.asp?blipid=6800